Pickle sandwich with deli turkey and mustard mayo
- 4 (19 oz.) 4 (550 g) large picklelarge pickles
- 4 tbsp 4 tbsp mayonnaise
- ½ tbsp ½ tbsp yellow or Dijon mustard
- 8 oz. 230 g deli turkey
- 1 (4 oz.) 1 (110 g) tomato, slicedtomatoes, sliced
- 2 2 lettuce leaves
- 2 oz. (½ cup) 55 g (120 ml) sliced cheddar cheese
- ¼ (1 oz.) ¼ (28 g) red onion, slicedred onions, sliced
- salt and ground black pepper
- 4 4 tooth picktooth picks
- Slice each pickle in half lengthwise. Use a spoon to scoop out the seeds and create a little "tub" for the filling.
- Combine the mayonnaise and mustard. Spread the mixture on the bottom pickle "buns".
- Top with deli turkey, tomato, lettuce, red onion, and cheese. Top each half with the other pickle "bun" and secure the sandwiches with toothpicks.
If your pickle is too thick, you can slice it into four layers to create two pickle sandwiches.
Be sure to use a dill or other savory pickle and avoid sweet pickles such as bread and butter pickles.
Be creative with your fillings! You could also use roast beef and cheddar, ham and havarti or any of your favorite lunch combinations.