Keto huevos rancheros with cheese ‘tortillas’
- 4 oz. (1 cup) 110 g (230 ml) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tsp 1 tsp butter
- 4 4 large egglarge eggs
- ¼ cup 60 ml salsa
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp , chopped (optional)
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Divide the mozzarella cheese (2 oz. per serving) into equal parts. Shape each serving of cheese into a circle in the pan.
- Leave for 2-3 minutes or until golden underneath and bubbly on top.
- Remove the pan from the heat and leave the tortillas in it to keep warm.
- Heat another non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add butter to the pan, and fry the eggs sunny-side up until done to your liking.
- To serve, place a cheese tortilla on each plate. Place two fried eggs per serving on top, spoon over the salsa, and garnish with cilantro.
Look for a salsa low in carbs, ideally with less than 3 grams of net carbs per serving. Alternatively, make your own — try our Quick salsa.