- 2 (8 oz.) 2 (230 g) tomato, roughly choppedtomatoes, roughly chopped
- ½ (2 oz.) ½ (55 g) red onion, roughly choppedred onions, roughly chopped
- ½ cup (¼ oz.) 120 ml (8 g)
- 1 1 fresh jalapeño, seeds and stem removedfresh jalapeños, seeds and stem removed
- 2 tsp 2 tsp lime juice
- 1 tsp 1 tsp sea salt, or more to taste
- Place the roughly chopped tomatoes, red onion, cilantro, and jalapeño in a food processor and pulse until evenly chopped. It does not need to be smooth; aim for a pea-sized chop.
- Transfer to a bowl, stir in the lime juice and sea salt. Taste, and adjust seasoning if necessary.
If you don't have a food processor you can finely chop all the ingredients by hand.
Serve alongside any Mexican dish. This is particularly delicious with our Keto huevos rancheros with cheese ‘tortillas’.
Not a fan of cilantro? Don't like spicy jalapeños? Feel free to leave them out.
This salsa keeps well for up to three days in the fridge.