Air fryer cheesy dough bites with tzatziki
- 6 oz. (1½ cups) 170 g (350 ml) mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp cream cheese
- 1 cup (4 oz.) 240 ml (110 g) almond flour
- 1 oz. 28 g finely grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 1 large egglarge eggs
- 1 tsp 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- ½ tsp ½ tsp baking powder
- 6 oz. 170 g cucumber, finely chopped
- 1 cup (61⁄3 oz.) 240 ml (180 g) Greek yogurt (0% fat)
- 2 2 garlic clove, mincedgarlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp fresh dill, finely chopped
- salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- ½ tbsp ½ tbsp olive oil
- Melt the mozzarella and cream cheese in a non-stick pan over medium heat or in a bowl in the microwave. Stir until thoroughly combined.
- Add the almond flour, half the amount of Parmesan cheese, egg, white wine vinegar, and baking powder. Form a smooth dough by kneading it with your hands or using an electric mixer with dough hooks.
- Divide the dough into balls with your fingers or a small cookie scoop; they should be about 1-1/2 inches (4 cm) in diameter. Roll them in the remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Preheat the air fryer to 400°F (200°C). When it's hot, place the dough bites in the basket and cook for 8 minutes.
- Rinse and finely chop the cucumber, or grate it using the coarse side of a grater. The skin adds color and texture to the sauce, but you may want to peel and deseed the cucumber depending on the variety — please see tips below.
- Combine Greek yogurt, cucumber, garlic, dill, and ground black pepper in a bowl. Add salt to taste. Drizzle with olive oil before serving.
Cheesy dough bites
If you use an English cucumber (which is long, has thin skin, and relatively small seeds) for the tzatziki, there is no need to peel or deseed it.
For thicker tzatziki, place the grated cucumber in a colander or sieve and sprinkle with salt. Combine and let the liquid drain for 5–10 minutes. Wrap the cucumber in a tea towel and squeeze out excess liquid.
Tzatziki will keep for about three days in the fridge.
There are 2 grams of net carbs per serving, including tzatziki.
Preheat the oven to 410°F (210°C). Proceed with the recipe through Step 2, and bake for 12 minutes.