Asian chicken & veggie salad
In a salad rut? This Asian low carb salad will fix that! This dish only requires chopping (the veggies) and shaking (the dressing), and cooked chicken! It's a great salad to make if you're meal prepping for the week, and it features bright Asian flavors to get you out of that afternoon slump.
- 4 oz. (2½ cups) 110 g (550 ml) Romaine lettuce, shredded
- 4 oz. 110 g Napa cabbage, shredded
- 4 oz. (12⁄3 cups) 110 g (375 ml) red cabbage, shredded
- 1 (4 oz.) 1 (120 g) red bell pepper, slicedred bell peppers, sliced
- 2 oz. 55 g bean sprouts
- 4 oz. 110 g cucumber, sliced
- 1 lb 450 g cooked chicken breast, cooked and shredded
- 2 (1 oz.) 2 (30 g) scallion, thinly slicedscallions, thinly sliced
- 2 2 garlic clove, mincedgarlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1⁄3 cup 80 ml olive oil
- ½ cup 120 ml tamari soy sauce
- ¼ cup 60 ml rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 1 red chili pepper, thinly slicedred chili peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp fresh cilantro, leaves only (optional)
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp sesame seeds
This recipe has been added to the shopping list.
Making low carb simple
- Combine the Romaine lettuce, Napa cabbage, and red cabbage, bell pepper, bean sprouts, cucumber, and shredded chicken in a large bowl.
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the scallions, garlic, ginger, olive oil, tamari soy sauce, rice vinegar, and sesame oil. Close the lid tightly and shake vigorously to make the dressing. You can also use a small bowl and a whisk.
- Drizzle half the dressing over the salad and toss to combine. Garnish with red chili pepper slices, cilantro leaves (if using), and sesame seeds. Serve with extra dressing on the side.
To shorten the prep time, you can use a food processor or a mandolin to shred the cabbage.
If you're making this in advance or prepping meals, don't add the dressing until ready to serve.