Buffalo chicken & cauliflower casserole
- 1 lb 450 g cauliflower (one small)
- 4 oz. (1 cup) 110 g (230 ml) cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 oz. (½ cup) 110 g (110 ml) cream cheese, at room temperature
- ½ cup 120 ml sour cream
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp hot sauce, or more to taste
- 2 (1 oz.) 2 (30 g) scallion, choppedscallions, chopped
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 lb 450 g cooked chicken breast, cubed
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp fresh chives, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C) and lightly grease a 9" x 9" (23 x 23 cm) baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Remove the leaves and stem of the cauliflower and chop it into smaller pieces to roughly the size of grapes. Parboil the cauliflower for 4 minutes until just tender. Drain and set aside to let it steam off.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the cheddar cheese, cream cheese, sour cream, hot sauce, scallions, garlic powder, salt, and ground black pepper. Add the cauliflower and cooked chicken. Combine.
- Transfer the mixture to the greased baking dish and bake for 20 minutes.
- When the casserole is done, remove it from the oven and sprinkle with chives.
This dish can be prepared ahead and refrigerated until ready to bake. To do so, remove it from the fridge while you preheat the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
Rotisserie chicken works very well in this recipe.
If you like spice, add more hot sauce to the casserole. We used Frank's hot sauce, but we also love Cholula.
A little extra Frank's Red Hot is always a good thing!