Sashimi plate with wasabi mayo
- 12 oz. 350 g
- 10 oz. 280 g cucumber
- 4 4 radishradishes
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp pickled ginger (gari)
- ½ tbsp ½ tbsp wasabi paste
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp
- 1 tsp 1 tsp black or white sesame seeds (optional)
- Mix the wasabi with mayonnaise in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Slice the sashimi into 1/8-inch (3 mm) slices and arrange the slices on the plates.
- Cut the cucumber horizontally twice — not all the way through, it should stay intact on one end — so that you end up with three long cuts. Place the cucumber on your chopping board so that the cuts are vertical. Use a vegetable peeler to slice long, thin ribbons. Thinly slice the radishes. Arrange the veggies on the plates with the salmon.
- Top the plates with gari, a drizzle of tamari soy, and little dollops of wasabi mayo. Sprinkle with sesame seeds if using. Enjoy right away.
If you're not comfortable with raw fish, you can use cooked salmon, shrimp or tuna instead.