Low carb banana blueberry pancake
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp butter
- Mash banana with a fork or in a blender. Add eggs, cinnamon, baking powder, salt, and vanilla. Mix until combined and has the consistency of batter.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat with butter. When the pan is hot, spoon the batter into the pan to the size of the desired pancake – up to about 4" (10 cm) in diameter is easiest to flip.
- Before flipping, and while the batter is still runny on top, sprinkle some berries onto the pancake.
- When bubbles appear on the top of the pancake, flip it over and fry until golden on the underside as well.
- Serve the hot pancakes with a dollop of butter.
Serve with whipped cream and seasonal berries of choice.
These freeze well so double up the batch! Freeze in a resealable bag with a square of parchment paper between each pancake. These can be reheated in a frying pan from frozen, or in the microwave.
Recommended special equipment
Blender or food processor