- 6 oz. (1 cup) 170 g (260 ml) edamame beans
- 1 tsp 1 tsp olive oil
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ½ tsp paprika powder
- 2½ oz. 70 g freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp sunflower seeds
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Rinse and pat the edamame beans dry, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle over salt and paprika powder. Spread the edamame out on the baking tray. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, finely grate the Parmesan cheese.
- When the edamame have baked for 10 minutes, remove them from the oven. Move the edamame closer together, so they're almost touching each other. Sprinkle over the sunflower seeds and heap the grated Parmesan on top. Spread out the Parmesan so that all the edamame are covered.
- Return the tray to the oven for another 8-10 minutes until the Parmesan has melted.
- Allow to cool and crisp up. Break into pieces and serve.
If you're using frozen edamame beans, blanch them in boiling water for 1-2 minutes, then drain and pat dry before proceeding with the recipe.