An easy, high protein, and low carb nibble to enjoy as crackers or croutons. The edamame will still have a little bite to them, and the sunflower seeds add the crunch. Salty Parmesan cheese ties the goodness together into one more-ish snack. Feel free to experiment with spices; these crackers can take on any flavor!
- 6 oz. (1 cup) 170 g (260 ml) edamame beans
- 1 tsp 1 tsp olive oil
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ½ tsp paprika powder
- 2½ oz. 70 g freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp sunflower seeds
This recipe has been added to the shopping list.
Making low carb simple
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Rinse and pat the edamame beans dry, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle over salt and paprika powder. Spread the edamame out on the baking tray. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, finely grate the Parmesan cheese.
- When the edamame have baked for 10 minutes, remove them from the oven. Move the edamame closer together, so they're almost touching each other. Sprinkle over the sunflower seeds and heap the grated Parmesan on top. Spread out the Parmesan so that all the edamame are covered.
- Return the tray to the oven for another 8-10 minutes until the Parmesan has melted.
- Allow to cool and crisp up. Break into pieces and serve.
If you're using frozen edamame beans, blanch them in boiling water for 1-2 minutes, then drain and pat dry before proceeding with the recipe.