Bacon-asparagus dippers with jammy eggs
Three simple ingredients are all you need to make this fingers-only breakfast! Bacon-wrapped asparagus "dippers" are the perfect accompaniment for jammy eggs — aka soft-boiled eggs. This higher-satiety meal has only 3 grams of net carbs per serving — a playful and filling way to start your day. Dip away!
- 6 (6 oz.) 6 (170 g) slices of bacon
- 12 (7 oz.) 12 (190 g) green asparagus
- 4 4 large egglarge eggs
This recipe has been added to the shopping list.
Making low carb simple
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C) and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Slice each rasher of bacon in half lengthways.
- Start at one end of each asparagus spear and wrap a strip of bacon along the length of the asparagus. Place on the baking tray. Repeat with the remaining asparagus and bacon.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until the bacon is crispy and the asparagus is tender.
- Bring a pot of water to boil over high heat. Carefully poke a tiny hole into the bottom of each egg with an egg pricker or a safety pin.
- When the water is boiling, lower the eggs into the water and boil for 6 minutes.
- After 6 minutes, rinse the eggs in cold water. With a sharp knife, crack the top of the egg and cut it off.
- Serve the eggs and dippers together on a plate. There are 2 eggs and 6 bacon-asparagus dippers per serving.
If the eggs are medium-sized, reduce the cooking time to 5-1/2 minutes.