Mediterranean roasted cod
- 1 lb 450 g cod, boneless filletcod, boneless fillets
- 4 oz. 110 g cherry tomatoes, preferably on the vine
- 1 1 garlic clove, slicedgarlic cloves, sliced
- 4 tbsp 4 tbsp olive oil
- salt and ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp small capers
- 1 tsp 1 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- ½ tsp ½ tsp chili flakes
- 1 tsp 1 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ½ tsp ½ tsp lemon zest
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Place the cherry tomatoes in an oven-safe dish. Top with the sliced garlic and drizzle with half the amount of olive oil.
- Place the dish in the oven, then immediately reduce the temperature to 350°F (180°C). Roast for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, remove the dish from the oven and place the fish on top of the tomatoes. Season everything with salt and ground black pepper, and drizzle the remaining olive oil over the fish.
- Scatter the capers, thyme leaves, and chili flakes over the fish. Roast for a further 12-15 minutes until the fish is just cooked through.
- Remove the dish from the oven and divide the fish, tomatoes, capers, and herbs between the plates.
- Stir the lemon juice into the remaining juices in the oven dish and drizzle it over the fish. Finish by sprinkling freshly grated lemon zest over the plates.
Take the fish out of the fridge 15-20 minutes before cooking. This will take the chill off and allow it to cook more evenly.