The high protein bread
- 6 oz. (1 cup) 170 g (220 ml) Greek yogurt (0% fat)
- 4 4 large egglarge eggs
- 1 cup (3½ oz.) 240 ml (100 g) whey protein isolate (unflavored)
- 1 cup (4 oz.) 240 ml (110 g) almond flour
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp ground psyllium husk powder
- 2 tsp 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp ½ tsp salt
- ½ tbsp ½ tbsp sesame seeds (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Line the bread pan, about 5 x 10 inches (12 x 24 cm), with parchment paper.
- Add the yogurt and eggs to a big bowl and mix until smooth. Add the rest of the ingredients and combine until free of lumps.
- Pour the batter into the bread pan and sprinkle it with some sesame seeds (optional). Bake for about 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out dry. Let the bread cool before slicing it.
Recommended special equipment
Baking pan, 5 x 10 inches (12 x 24 cm)
Slice the bread before freezing it. Thaw it slightly and toast it before serving.
Store the bread in a zip lock bag in the fridge. It will keep fresh for about a week.
Fat-free yogurt is packed with protein. That's why we used it in this recipe. But feel free to use full-fat yogurt for a more moist bread with a bit less protein.