Green broccoli pizza
- 1 lb (5 cups) 450 g (1.2 liters) broccoli
- 2 2 large egglarge eggs
- 1 cup (4 oz.) 240 ml (110 g) mozzarella cheese, shredded
- ½ cup 120 ml freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ tsp ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp 3 tbsp green pesto
- 2 oz. 55 g green asparagus, trimmed and sliced diagonally
- 2 (1 oz.) 2 (30 g) scallion, sliced diagonallyscallions, sliced diagonally
- 3 oz. 85 g mozzarella, mini cheese balls, halved
- ½ oz. (2⁄3 cup) 14 g (170 ml) arugula lettuce
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp flaky sea salt
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp or more to taste, chili flakes
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Break the broccoli into florets, peel and roughly chop the stalk. Place the broccoli in a food processor and pulse until riced.
- Place the riced broccoli in a large bowl. Add the eggs, shredded mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Stir until well combined.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking sheet and use a spatula to shape it into a 1/2-inch (approximately 1.25 cm) thick disc. Bake for 15-20 minutes until the crust is set and the edges start to brown.
- Remove the pizza from the oven. Spread the pesto over the base and top with asparagus and scallions. Halve the mini mozzarella balls and dot them over the pizza.
- Bake for another 10-12 minutes. Remove from the oven and let it cool for 5 minutes. Scatter the arugula over the pizza, sprinkle with flaky salt and chili flakes, if desired.
Broccoli pizza crust
A food processor makes it much easier to rice the broccoli.
More green things to add to the pizza: bell peppers, spinach, thin zucchini slices, and if you like spice, try sliced jalapeño!
For an even more satiating meal, serve with a fried egg on top.
We prefer using mini mozzarella balls over tearing up a large one because the mini mozzarella balls release less moisture.