Air fryer Italian stuffed chicken breasts
- 1 lb 450 g (2) chicken breast(2) chicken breasts
- 4 oz. (½ cup) 110 g (110 ml) cream cheese
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp green pesto
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- ½ tsp ½ tsp avocado oil
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- Preheat the air fryer to 350°F (180°C).
- Place the chicken breasts flat on a chopping board and slice a pocket into each breast horizontally.
- Combine the cream cheese, pesto, and Parmesan cheese.
- Spoon equal portions of the cheese mixture into the pockets of the chicken breasts. Fold the top of the chicken breast over the filling and secure it with a toothpick.
- Drizzle the avocado oil over the chicken breasts and rub it in. Season on both sides with sea salt and ground black pepper.
- Place the stuffed chicken breasts in the preheated air fryer and cook for 18-20 minutes until golden and cooked through.
- Remove from the air fryer and serve with a green salad or your favorite veggies.
To boost the flavor further, sprinkle some Italian seasoning on the outside of the chicken breasts after rubbing them with oil.
Smaller chicken breasts will take 16-18 minutes to cook, large ones 20 minutes or more.
Try red pesto or olive tapenade instead of traditional green pesto!
If you like this, we think you'll love our Stuffed chicken breast with herb cream cheese, too!
Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C). Proceed with the recipe through Step 5, then bake in the oven 25-30 minutes until cooked through.