Cheese-filled chicken breast with guacamole
- 1½ lbs 650 g chicken breastchicken breasts
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 1 green bell peppergreen bell peppers or red bell pepperred bell peppers
- 1 1 garlic clovegarlic cloves
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp pickled jalapeños, finely chopped
- ½ tsp ½ tsp ground cumin
- 3 oz. 75 g cream cheese
- 4 oz. 110 g (225 ml) shredded cheese
- salt and pepper
- 4 4 tooth picktooth picks
- 2 2 ripe avocadoripe avocados
- 2 2 garlic clove, mincedgarlic cloves, minced
- ½ ½ lime, the juicelimes, the juice
- 3 tbsp 3 tbsp olive oil
- 5 tbsp 5 tbsp fresh cilantro
- 1 1 diced tomatodiced tomatoes
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup 225 ml sour cream (optional)
- 8 oz. 225 g leafy greens or lettuce
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Chop bell peppers and garlic finely. Sauté in oil until soft. Place in a bowl and reserve to cool for 5 minutes.
- Add jalapeños, spices and both cheeses to the bowl. Mix well.
- Cut chicken breasts lengthwise partway through, along the thinnest part, so you can open it like a book.
- Add a big dollop of cheese batter and close with a tooth pick. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Fry until golden brown, in oil or butter. Place in a baking dish.
- You can place the remaining cheese batter on top or just in the baking dish.
- Bake in oven for 20 minutes or until the chicken breasts are thoroughly cooked. Remember to remove the tooth pick before serving.
- Serve with leafy greens, a generous amount of guacamole, and sour cream.
- Peel the avocados and mash with a fork, grate or chop the garlic finely, squeeze the lime and pour in the juice.
- Add tomato, olive oil and finely chopped cilantro. Season with salt and pepper to taste, and blend well.
Don’t throw away that avocado pit! Place it in the guacamole to keep it green.