Skillet chicken breast with cauliflower mash
- 2 (1 lb) 2 (450 g) chicken breast 8 oz (230 g) eachchicken breasts 8 oz (230 g) each
- salt and ground black pepper
- 2 tsp 2 tsp Italian seasoning (optional)
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp butter or olive oil
- ½ lb 220 g cauliflower
- 1⁄3 cup (1 oz.) 80 ml (27 g) shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 oz. 28 g butter
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- To speed up the cooking process, cut the chicken breasts lengthwise into thin cutlets.
- Season both sides of the chicken with salt and ground black pepper. Feel free to add another seasoning of choice here.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the butter or oil to the skillet when hot. Carefully place the chicken breasts in the skillet and cook for about 4 minutes on each side. The chicken is ready to serve when it's no longer pink.
- Cut the cauliflower into florets. Discard the stem.
- Bring a pot of lightly salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the cauliflower and boil for a couple of minutes – just enough so the florets are tender but retain a slightly firm texture. Drain the cauliflower in a colander, and discard the water.
- Add the cauliflower to a food processor along with the Parmesan cheese and butter. Pulse until it reaches a smooth and creamy consistency. You can also use an immersion blender. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
To make a quick and delicious sauce, add some heavy cream and more seasoning to the skillet when the chicken is almost cooked.