Chicken drumsticks with keto fries
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp smoked paprika powder
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp 2 tsp salt
- ½ tsp ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 3 lbs 1.4 kg chicken drumstickchicken drumsticks
- 1¼ lbs 550 g turnip
- ½ tsp ½ tsp paprika powder
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp
- salt and pepper
- 1 (½ oz.) 1 (15 g) and red chili pepper, slicedred chili peppers, sliced (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- In a large bowl, whisk together olive oil, lime juice, and spices. Once combined, place the chicken and marinade in a plastic bag, and make sure the chicken is completely coated. Lay on a flat surface to evenly distribute the marinade, and occasionally flip the bag over. Allow to marinate while you prepare the rest.
- Rinse and peel the turnip. Cut into thin French-fry sticks.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the paprika, oil, salt, and pepper. Add the turnips to the bowl, and toss to coat. Put the turnips on a baking sheet (non-stick or lined with parchment paper) in a single layer.
- Place the drumsticks on a wire rack over a tray lined with aluminum foil or on a broiler pan. This will help the crisping process. Bake for 30 minutes or until it's almost ready. Move the chicken to a lower rack and cover with aluminum foil.
- Place the turnip fries in the oven on a higher rack, and bake for 15 minutes. Turn them over, and bake for another 15 minutes or until crispy and golden.
- Mix mayonnaise with the spices and garnish with finely sliced scallion and fresh chili. Serve the spicy mayonnaise on the side.
You can marinate the chicken a day ahead, so you just need to bake them when it's time for dinner! Prepare the marinade and chicken in the plastic bag, then chill in the fridge until ready to bake.