Roasted chicken legs with veggies, paprika sauce and dessert
- 1¼ lbs 550 g chicken legchicken legs
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp 1 tsp smoked paprika powder
- 1 tsp 1 tsp chili powder
- salt and ground black pepper
- 14 oz. 400 g cherry tomatoes
- 2 (8 oz.) 2 (220 g) red onion, cut into wedgesred onions, cut into wedges
- 1½ oz. (1½ cups) 45 g (350 ml) baby spinach
- 1 cup 240 ml
- ½ tsp ½ tsp smoked paprika powder
- 1 tsp 1 tsp garlic powder
- salt or ground black pepper to taste
- 14 oz. 400 g fresh strawberries
- 1 oz. (31⁄3 tbsp) 28 g (50 ml) sugar-free dark chocolate
- 1 oz. 28 g pistachio nuts
- Preheat the oven to 400 °F (200 °C).
- Toss chicken legs with olive oil and seasoning.
- Put the chicken legs, skin side up, in a large baking dish or on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper, together with the tomatoes and onion. Drizzle the vegetables with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Mix together. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until juices run clear and the chicken reaches 165 °F (75 °C).
- While the chicken and veggies are in the oven, mix all the ingredients to the sauce in a bowl. Taste and add more seasoning if you like. Set aside.
- Serve the chicken, veggies and fresh baby spinach with the smokey paprika sauce.
- Put nuts, strawberries and chocolate in a bowl and enjoy as a tasty ending to your liberal low-carb meal.