Skillet chicken breast with creamed spinach
- 2 (1 lb) 2 (450 g) chicken breast 8 oz (230 g) eachchicken breasts 8 oz (230 g) each
- salt and ground black pepper
- 2 tsp 2 tsp Italian seasoning (optional)
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp butter or olive oil
- ½ tbsp ½ tbsp butter
- ½ (2 oz.) ½ (55 g) , finely chopped, finely chopped
- 4 oz. (32⁄3 cups) 110 g (850 ml) fresh spinach, rinsed, trimmed, and dried
- 1 oz. (2 tbsp) 28 g (30 ml) cream cheese
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp shredded Parmesan cheese
Skillet chicken breast
- To speed up the cooking process, cut the chicken breasts lengthwise into thin cutlets.
- Season both sides of the chicken with salt, ground black pepper, and seasoning of choice.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the butter or oil to the skillet when hot. Carefully place the chicken breasts in the skillet and cook for about 4 minutes on each side. The chicken is ready to serve when it's no longer pink.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and sauté until tender, about 3 minutes.
- Add the spinach to the skillet. As it cooks down, add the cream cheese, heavy cream, and garlic powder. Stir until the cream cheese has melted and the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle with freshly grated parmesan just before serving.