Keto avocado Alfredo sauce with zoodles and chicken
Do you crave pasta Alfredo but don't want the carbs? Well, try our healthy keto version. We use spiralized zucchini instead of pasta and top it with a creamy avocado sauce and seasoned chicken. There, pasta urge satisfied.
Avocado Alfredo sauce and zoodles
- 11⁄3 lbs 600 g boneless chicken thighs
- 1 tsp 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp 1 tsp garlic powder
- salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp fresh parsley (optional)
- salt and ground black pepper
- 4 tbsp 4 tbsp shredded Parmesan cheese
This recipe has been added to the shopping list.
Making low carb simple
- If using whole zucchini, spiralize it or cut it into zoodles and set it aside.
- Add the avocado, heavy whipping cream, shredded Parmesan cheese, garlic clove, fresh parsley, and lemon juice to a saucepan and blend until smooth with an immersion blender. (Or blend in a food processor, then transfer to a saucepan.)
- In the saucepan, bring the sauce to a boil over medium heat. Season with salt and ground black pepper to taste. Lower the heat and let the sauce simmer while you prepare the chicken.
- Season the boneless chicken thighs with dried thyme, garlic powder, salt, and ground black pepper.
- Heat a large frying pan with olive oil over medium heat. Fry the chicken for about six minutes per side or until the center is no longer pink.
- Right before serving, toss the zoodles together in the Alfredo sauce until they are completely covered.
- Slice the chicken. Plate the creamy zoodles and place sliced chicken on top. Garnish with shredded Parmesan cheese, ground black pepper, and fresh parsley.
If you don't have a spiralizer, you can often buy packaged spiralized zucchini. You can also just use a vegetable peeler or a sharp knife to make noodle-like ribbons.
Thank you for sharing! Yes, you can do that if you prefer the zoodles softer.
It s great for a weeknight
You must be extra cautious with reheating a cream based sauce to prevent it breaking. Low heat, reheated slowly with lots of whisking will help.
Yes, with the zoodles and the alfredo, this could be watery when reheated. You could freeze a portion of the sauce without the zoodles and then when you reheat the sauce, pour it over some fresh zoodles.
Sounds great! Thanks for sharing!
So glad you enjoyed it, Carole! Thanks for your comment!