Keto avocado Alfredo sauce with zoodles and chicken
- 4 (11⁄3 lbs) 4 (600 g) boneless chicken thighs
- 1 tsp 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp 1 tsp garlic powder
- salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp fresh parsley (optional)
- salt and ground black pepper
- 4 tbsp 4 tbsp shredded Parmesan cheese
- If using whole zucchini, spiralize it or cut it into zoodles and set it aside.
- Add all the sauce ingredients to a saucepan and blend until smooth with an immersion blender. (Or blend in a food processor, then transfer to a saucepan.)
- In the saucepan, bring the sauce to a boil over medium heat. Lower the heat and let the sauce simmer while you prepare the chicken.
- Season the chicken with thyme, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Heat a large frying pan with oil over medium heat. Fry the chicken for about six minutes per side or until the center is no longer pink.
- Right before serving, toss the zoodles together in the Alfredo sauce until they are completely covered.
- Slice the chicken. Plate the creamy zoodles and place sliced chicken on top. Garnish with shredded Parmesan, ground black pepper, and parsley.
If you don't have a spiralizer, you can often buy packaged spiralized zucchini. You can also just use a vegetable peeler or a sharp knife to make noodle-like ribbons.