- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Split the chicken quarters and place them in a baking dish.
- Peel the rutabaga and cut into 2-3 inch pieces so that chicken and rutabaga pieces will be done at the same time.
- Salt and pepper to taste and sprinkle paprika on top. Place in the baking dish.
- Add olive oil/butter and mix well. Bake in the oven until the chicken is well done, about 40 minutes. Lower the heat towards the end if the chicken or rutabaga is getting too golden brown.
- Serve with a generous amount of mayonnaise.
Paprika is an incredibly versatile spice. And there are so many varieties to play with! Try blending half sweet paprika and half smoked paprika. Or, to give the dish a good kick of heat, add hot smoked paprika to Hungarian paprika. Want even more heat? Swap in a little chipotle powder. The possibilities are endless!