Oven-baked paprika chicken with rutabaga
- 2 lbs 900 g chicken thighs (bone-in with skin) or chicken drumstickchicken drumsticks
- 2 lbs 900 g or , peeled and cut into 2" (5 cm) pieces
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp paprika powder
- salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Place the chicken and the rutabaga in a baking dish. Season with salt, pepper, and paprika powder. Drizzle with olive oil and mix well.
- Bake in the oven until the chicken is well done, about 40 minutes. Lower the heat towards the end of the chicken or rutabaga is getting too golden brown.
- Mix the mayonnaise with seasoning and serve together with the roasted chicken and rutabaga.
Paprika is an incredibly versatile spice. And there are so many varieties to play with! Try blending half sweet paprika and half smoked paprika. Or, to give the dish a good kick of heat, add hot smoked paprika to Hungarian paprika. Want even more heat? Swap in a little chipotle powder. The possibilities are endless!