Keto chicken wings with creamy broccoli
- ½ ½ orange, juice and zestoranges, juice and zest
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- 2½ lbs 1.1 kg chicken wings
Baked chicken wings
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Mix juice and zest from the orange with oil and spices in a small bowl. Place the chicken wings in a plastic bag and pour in the marinade.
- Give the bag a good shake to cover the wings thoroughly. Put aside to marinate for at least 5 minutes but preferably more.
- Place the wings in one layer in a greased baking dish or on a broiler rack, for extra crispiness.
- Bake on the middle rack in the oven for about 40 minutes or until the wings are golden brown and thoroughly cooked.
- In the meantime, divide the broccoli into small florets and parboil in salted water for a couple of minutes. They're only supposed to soften a bit but not lose their shape or color.
- Strain the broccoli and let some of the steam evaporate before adding the remaining ingredients. Serve the broccoli with the baked wings.
You can substitute the broccoli for Brussels sprouts or small florets of cauliflower. If you have an outdoor grill, you can use that for cooking the wings as well.