Tuscan sheet pan chicken with zucchini and tomatoes
- 4 4 garlic clove, skin on and lightly crushedgarlic cloves, skin on and lightly crushed
- 1 lb 450 g , cut into 1.5" (3 cm) chunks
- 6 oz. (1 cup) 170 g (250 ml) red onion, cut into wedgesred onions, cut into wedges
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 2 lbs 900 g chicken breast, bone-in with skinchicken breasts, bone-in with skin
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 8 oz. 230 g cherry tomatoes, whole
- ½ cup 120 ml white wine or chicken stock
- 4 tbsp 4 tbsp feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Crush the garlic cloves and chop the zucchini and red onions.
- Drizzle olive oil over a sheet pan and add the rosemary and garlic to the pan.
- Season the chicken all over with salt and pepper, and put them skin side up on the sheet pan.
- Arrange the zucchini, onions, and tomatoes around the chicken and season again with more salt and pepper. Roast for 20-30 min.
- Remove the sheet pan from the oven and baste the chicken and vegetables with the cooking juices. Pour the wine around the chicken, but not over the crispy skin, otherwise, it will get soggy.
- Return the chicken to the oven and bake for another 10 minutes until cooked through and the meat falls from the bones.
- Serve the chicken and veggies with juices from the pan and sprinkle with feta cheese.
If you prefer to use boneless, skinless chicken breasts, reduce the total cooking time to 20-30 minutes, so that the meat does not dry out.
Diet Doctor's recipe team has slightly adjusted this recipe to follow our guidelines. You’ll find the original recipe in Katie's cookbook, "The Low Carb Weight‑Loss Cookbook".