Crispy lemon baked chicken thighs
Tender and flavourful chicken thighs are marinated in a delicious tangy sauce, then baked to golden, crispy perfection. Add your own favorite sides and you have a delish healthy meal. Enjoy!
- 2 lbs 900 g chicken thighs (bone-in with skin)
- ¼ cup 60 ml olive oil
- ¼ cup 60 ml lemon juice
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp 3 tbsp fresh oregano, finely chopped
- 2 2 garlic clove, mincedgarlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp 2 tsp salt
- ½ tsp ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tsp 2 tsp fresh thyme, finely chopped
This recipe has been added to the shopping list.
Making low carb simple
- Combine the marinade ingredients in a mixing bowl or large ziplock bag. Add the chicken thighs and toss to fully coat.
- Cover or seal, and place in the fridge for at least 3 hours, turning every now and then if possible.
- Pre-heat the oven to 400°F/200°C. Line one large, or two regular baking trays with parchment paper.
- Remove the chicken thighs from the marinade, and place them skin-side up, on the tray(s).
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until internal temperature is 165°F (74°C), and the skin is golden brown. Let rest for 5-10 minutes before serving.
This dish is perfect to prepare in the morning, marinade all day and then bake at night.
For extra lemon flavour, add slices of lemon to the baking tray to roast.
Serve with fresh greens or cauliflower mash.
We haven't tested freezing, but it should be fine to freeze them!
I hope you enjoy this one, Sarah!
I'm glad you enjoyed this recipe; it's a favorite in our house as well.
I made the recipe with 1/2 preserved lemon that had been soaked and finely chopped - and I omitted the salt.