Chicken breast with bacon-wrapped asparagus and blue cheese dressing
- 2 (1 lb) 2 (450 g) chicken breast 8 oz (230 g) eachchicken breasts 8 oz (230 g) each
- salt and ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp butter or olive oil
- ½ tbsp ½ tbsp olive oil
- ½ tbsp ½ tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 6 oz. 170 g green asparagus, trimmed
- 4 (4 oz.) 4 (110 g) bacon strips
- ground black pepper
- 2½ oz. 70 g blue cheese
- ½ cup (3 oz.) 120 ml (90 g) Greek yogurt (0% fat)
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp water
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- To speed up the cooking process, cut the chicken breasts lengthwise into thin cutlets.
- Season both sides of the chicken with salt and ground black pepper. Feel free to add another seasoning of choice here.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the butter or oil to the skillet when hot. Carefully place the chicken breasts in the skillet and cook for about 4 minutes on each side. The chicken is ready to serve when it's no longer pink.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk together olive oil and balsamic vinegar in a small bowl.
- Arrange the asparagus into bundles of 3 or 4 stems per bundle. Wrap one strip of bacon around each bundle. Overlap the ends of the bacon slightly to secure. When done, place them on the baking sheet, seam-side down.
- Brush the asparagus bundles with the balsamic mixture and season with black pepper.
- Bake for about 10-15 minutes or until the bacon is crispy and the asparagus is tender.
- Place the cheese in a small bowl and break it up into coarse chunks with a fork.
- Add yogurt and mayonnaise. Mix until well combined.
- Let sit for a few minutes to allow the flavors to develop. Season with salt and pepper to taste.