Spiced low-carb pumpkin bread
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp (15 g) baking powder
- 1 tsp 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp (20 g) ground psyllium husk powder
- ½ cup 125 ml (100 g) flaxseed
- 1¼ cups 300 ml (150 g) almond flour
- ¼ cup 60 ml (25 g)
- 1½ oz. 40 g walnuts, chopped
- 1½ oz. 40 g (75 ml) pumpkin seeds and extra for topping
- 3 3 eggeggs
- ½ cup 125 ml unsweetened apple sauce
- 4 tbsp 4 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 14 oz. 400 g pumpkin puree
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp butter or coconut oil, for greasing the pan
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C) and grease a bread pan, 8.5" inches (about 11 x 21 cm), with butter or oil.
- Mix together all dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Stir together egg, apple sauce, pumpkin puree and oil in a bowl and mix into a smooth batter with the dry ingredients.
- Scoop the batter into the bread pan and sprinkle a tablespoon of pumpkin seeds on top.
- Bake on lower rack for 55-65 minutes. The bread is done when a toothpick is inserted into the center and comes out clean or when the bread feels firm to the touch in the center.
- Let cool on a cooling rack for at least 10 minutes before slicing with a serrated knife.
The bread is best freshly baked or toasted. Slice leftovers and refrigerate for 3-4 days. It will keep in the freezer up to one month.