Low carb coconut pancakes
- 6 6 large egglarge eggs
- 1 pinch 1 pinch salt
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp melted coconut oil, unrefined (see Tip)
- ¾ cup 180 ml
- ½ cup (12⁄3 oz.) 120 ml (50 g)
- 1 tsp 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp butter or coconut oil, for frying
- Separate the yolks from the egg whites and whip the egg whites and pinch of salt with a hand mixer. Continue whipping until stiff peaks form and then set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together yolks, oil and coconut milk.
- Add coconut flour and baking powder. Mix into a smooth batter.
- Gently fold the egg whites into the batter. Let batter rest for 5 minutes.
- Fry in butter or coconut oil for a couple of minutes or so on each side on low to medium heat. Flip carefully!
Serving suggestionServe with melted butter and/or fresh berries.
Unrefined coconut oil has a strong coconut taste and scent. Refined coconut oil has a mild coconut flavor and scent. Either oil can be used in this recipe.
Don’t skimp on the fat in your frying pan. Butter and coconut oil make everything taste better. Consider a dollop of crème fraîche (sour cream) on top... so scrumptious!