Keto French pancakes
- 8 8 eggeggs
- 2 cups 475 ml heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup 125 ml water
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp (20 g) ground psyllium husk powder
- 3 oz. 75 g butter
- In a bowl, mix together eggs, cream, water and salt with a hand mixer.
- Gradually whisk in the psyllium husk while you continue mixing until you get a smooth batter. Let rest for at least 10 minutes.
- Fry in butter just like regular pancakes. You should count with ½ cup (1 dl) batter per pancake. Make sure your frying pan is neither too big nor too hot, keep it on medium-high heat. Don't be impatient, wait until the top is almost dry before flipping.
Start with frying a small pancake to determine if the batter holds together properly. There is a difference between different brands of psyllium husk and even the size of the eggs can affect the end result. Dilute the batter with some cream, milk or water if it gets too thick. Add more psyllium husk if it's too thin.
You can serve the pancakes with whipped cream and/or berries of your choice.