Keto baked eggs with tarragon chive cream sauce
This keto baked egg dish is so simple, but incredibly flavorful. The best part about it is that you can mix and match any types of fresh herbs and cheeses that you have on hand. With only 15 minutes of cooking time, this is perfect for even the busiest of weekday mornings.
- ½ cup 120 ml heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup (11⁄3 oz.) 120 ml (40 g) shredded Parmesan cheese, more for garnish
- 1 1 garlic clove, mincedgarlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp 1 tsp chopped fresh tarragon, more for garnish
- 1 tsp 1 tsp chopped fresh chives, more for garnish
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 pinch 1 pinch ground nutmeg (optional)
- 4 4 large egglarge eggs
- ½ tsp ½ tsp red chili flakes, for serving (optional)
This recipe has been added to the shopping list.
Making low carb simple
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Lightly oil 8-ounce (10 cm in diameter) ramekins, one for each portion, and place them on top of a rimmed baking sheet.
- Combine the heavy cream, cheese, garlic, tarragon, chives, salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Whisk until all ingredients are well incorporated. Divide the mixture evenly between the prepared ramekins.
- Crack two eggs into each ramekin. Bake for 15 minutes or until the whites of the eggs are set.
- Garnish with any extra herbs and Parmesan cheese.
From time to time, I also love to add some crispy pancetta.
For a dairy-free version, simply substitute almond milk or coconut milk for the heavy cream and omit the cheese.