Keto baked eggs with tarragon chive cream sauce
- ½ cup 125 ml heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup 60 ml finely grated parmesan cheese, more for garnish
- 1 1 garlic clove, mincedgarlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp 1 tsp chopped fresh tarragon, more for garnish
- 1 tsp 1 tsp chopped fresh chives, more for garnish
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 pinch 1 pinch ground nutmeg (optional)
- 4 4 large egglarge eggs
- ½ tsp ½ tsp red chili flakes, for serving (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Lightly oil 8-ounce ramekins, one for each portion, and place them on top of a rimmed baking sheet.
- Combine the heavy cream, cheese, garlic, tarragon, chives, salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Whisk until all ingredients are well incorporated. Divide the mixture evenly between the prepared ramekins.
- Crack two eggs into each ramekin. Bake for 15 minutes or until the whites of the eggs are set.
- Garnish with any extra herbs and Parmesan cheese.
From time to time, I also love to add some crispy pancetta.
For a dairy-free version, simply substitute almond milk or coconut milk for the heavy cream and omit the cheese.