Simple truth... eggs + butter = yum! This inventive spread will become your “go-to” easy keto breakfast or snack. Schmear it on crackers, cucumber slices, or celery. It tops just about anything with a one-two punch of protein and fat. So good you’ll wonder how you lived without it!
- 6 6 large egglarge eggs
- 2 oz. 55 g butter
- ½ tsp ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp ground black pepper
This recipe has been added to the shopping list.
Making low carb simple
- Place the eggs gently in a pot, and cover them with cold water. The cold water just needs to cover the eggs. Bring to a boil without a lid.
- Let the eggs simmer for about 8 minutes. Next, cool the eggs down quickly in cold water.
- Peel and chop the eggs finely. Stir in the butter, salt and pepper. Add optional flavoring; see suggestions, below.
- Serve as-is or as a topping on seed crackers or as a dip for veggies.
Try flavoring your egg butter with chili flakes, fresh herbs, or your favorite seasoning. Try it as a topping on hot or cold dishes such as avocado, salmon, turkey and ham. It even works in soups and stews and on top of veggies and salads!
Same dish, different body, different reaction.
Thanks Grandpa and diet doctor.
No, porridge/oats are not a good option on keto/low carb. You can read more about getting started on this page...
The words "seed crackers" are hyperlinked to our recipe.
Room temperature butter will work just fine!
That does sound like a good combination!
So sorry you didn't enjoy it!
This one will keep well for up to 3 days.
Yes, ghee would be fine!
And it Was on another level ! Next I’m going to try it with Sumac