Simple truth... eggs+butter = yum! This inventive spread will become your “go-to” easy keto breakfast or snack. Schmear it on crackers, cucumber slices, or celery. It tops just about anything with a one-two punch of protein and fat. So good you’ll wonder how you lived without it!
- 4 4 eggeggs
- 51⁄3 oz. 150 g butter
- ½ tsp ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- Place the eggs gently in a pot, and cover them with cold water. The cold water just needs to cover the eggs. Bring to a boil without a lid.
- Let the eggs simmer for about 8 minutes. Next, cool the eggs down quickly in cold water.
- Peel and chop the eggs finely. Stir in the butter, salt and pepper. Add optional flavoring; see suggestions, below.
- Serve as-is or as a topping on seed crackers or as a dip for veggies.
Try flavoring your egg butter with chili flakes, fresh herbs, or your favorite seasoning. Try it as a topping on hot or cold dishes such as avocado, salmon, turkey and ham. It even works in soups and stews and on top of veggies and salads!