Keto eggs Benedict on avocado
- 3 3 egg yolkegg yolks
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 oz. 110 g unsalted butter
- Take a large-mouthed mason jar or any microwave-safe container that your immersion blender will comfortably fit inside. Place the butter in the container and then melt it in the microwave, about 20 seconds.
- Add the egg yolks and lemon juice into the butter. Place the hand blender at the bottom of the jar and blend until a white creamy layer is formed. Then slowly lift and lower the blender to create a creamy sauce. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place a saucepan with water on the stove and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Crack your eggs into a measuring cup, one at a time, and then gently slide each into the water. Stirring the water in a circle to create a small vortex will prevent the egg white from dispersing too far from the yolk. Cook for 3-4 minutes, depending on your preference for yolk consistency. Remove the poached eggs with a slotted spoon and place on a paper towel to absorb excess water.
- Cut the avocados in half and remove the stones and skin. Make a slice across the base of each half so it will sit evenly on the plate. Top each half with an egg, and top with a generous dollop of hollandaise sauce. Place some smoked salmon on the plate.
- This dish needs to be eaten straight away and does not keep or reheat. Leftover hollandaise sauce can be stored in a jar in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Feel free to use an egg poacher for the eggs. Just grease the poaching cups with butter before cracking an egg into each.
Another method to keep the egg whites firm and avoid dispersion is to add a dash of vinegar or a squeeze of lemon to the boiling water.
A sprinkle of paprika and a garnish of parsley on top of the hollandaise sauce make for a lovely presentation.
The blending step can be tricky, especially if you don't blend it for long enough.
Did you use a stick blender? Also how hot was your butter mine only felt luck warm.
Can i use salted butter instead of unsalted ? In these days of lockdown, i would rather make do with what i have in my fridge if it does not affect the "ketoness" of the recipe.
Yes, you certainly can!
I would recommend only refrigerating for a day or two at the most. You can try to halve the recipe, but I am not sure it would work. If it doesn't work halved, you can add in the full ingredients to bring it together.
8 1/2 tablespoons of butter should equal 120.55 grams. Hope this helps!
Hi, Gidy! You should be able to use coconut oil or olive oil. You may even try ghee.