Spinach and feta breakfast scramble
- 4 4 large egglarge eggs
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp butter
- 4 oz. (32⁄3 cups) 110 g (850 ml) fresh baby spinach
- 1 1 garlic clove, mincedgarlic cloves, minced
- salt and ground black pepper
- 1½ oz. 45 g feta cheese, crumbled
- 3 oz. 85 g bacon
- In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs and cream together until well combined.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-low heat and add the butter. Once the butter is melted, stir in the spinach and garlic and let cook until the spinach is wilted. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Pour the egg mixture into the skillet. Cook without disturbing until it just begins to set around the edges. Using a rubber spatula, gently lift and turn the curds from the edge of the pan toward the center, allowing the uncooked eggs to run back out to the edges. Continue to lift and turn until the eggs are set to your liking.
- Remove the pan from heat and sprinkle with feta cheese. Serve immediately. Add some fried bacon slices if you like!
The trick is to keep the heat quite low so that the eggs cook slowly. This allows you to scramble them gently and make light, fluffy curds. If you pour the eggs into a hot pan, they cook almost instantly and you are racing to keep up. Keep your heat at no more than medium-low. If your stove runs hot or your skillet isn’t heavy-duty and well insulated, consider keeping the heat on low.
Scrambled eggs really are a blank slate. You can eat them plain, of course, but they are ready and willing to take on all sorts of delicious flavors. Any sort of cheese, sliced veggies, and cooked meats make great additions. Make breakfast exciting again!