Keto eggs Benedict with mug bread
- 3 oz. 75 g butter
- 2 2 egg yolkegg yolks
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- 1 pinch 1 pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp white vinegar 5%
- 2 2 eggeggs
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp butter, for frying
- 1 oz. 30 g smoked deli ham
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp microgreens (optional)
- Grease a large cup or glass dish with a flat bottom with butter. Mix all dry ingredients in the cup with a fork or spoon. Crack in eggs and mix well. Stir in cream. Combine until smooth and make sure there are no lumps.
- Microwave on high (approximately 700 watts) for 2 minutes. Check if the bread is done in the middle — if not, microwave for another 15-30 seconds.
- Let cool and remove from cup. Slice in half.
- Melt butter in a saucepan or microwave oven and let cool for a few minutes.
- Mix egg yolks and water in a pot and place in a water bath.
- Simmer while stirring constantly until sauce thickens slightly.
- Remove the pot from the water bath and slowly drizzle butter into eggs while whisking constantly.
- Season with lemon, salt, pepper and some cayenne pepper.
- Add plenty of water with vinegar in a saucepan. Bring to a simmer but make sure the water is not boiling.
- Crack in eggs one at a time. First crack into a cup, then carefully pour into the water. Let simmer for 3 minutes.
- Remove eggs with a slotted spoon and plunge into cold water. Put the eggs on a plate and trim any rough edges.
- Fry mug bread halves in butter. Place a slice of bread on each plate, top each half with smoked ham, poached egg and hollandaise sauce. Sprinkle with watercress.