Keto Mexican scrambled eggs
Spice up your breakfast with this flavorful keto egg dish. Jalapeños, tomatoes, and scallions enhance the scrambled eggs with just the right amount of zing. Guaranteed to liven up your day!
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp butter
- 1 (½ oz.) 1 (15 g) scallion, finely choppedscallions, finely chopped
- 2 2 pickled jalapeños slices, finely chopped
- 1 (4 oz.) 1 (110 g) tomato, finely choppedtomatoes, finely chopped
- 6 6 large egglarge eggs
- ½ cup (2 oz.) 120 ml (55 g) Pepper Jack cheese, shredded
- salt and pepper
This recipe has been added to the shopping list.
Making low carb simple
- In a large frying pan, melt the butter over medium high heat.
- Add scallions, jalapeños and tomatoes, and fry for 3-4 minutes.
- Beat the eggs and pour into the pan. Scramble for 2 minutes. Add cheese and seasonings.
Serve with avocado, crisp lettuce, and dressing to add even more excitement to this zesty meal.
If you are interested in that information you can look up the ingredients in the USDA database; those aren't numbers as important on keto.
This recipe as written makes 4 servings.
Yes, sometimes when scaling recipes away from the default number of servings, it can end up with some interesting measurement amounts! Since this is just scrambled eggs, using 2 will be no problem.
It would be 2 whole jalapenos, but you could also diced up slices if needed.
Yum! Love that idea!