Keto Croque Madame
- 1 cup (7½ oz.) 240 ml (210 g) cottage cheese
- 4 4 eggeggs
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp ground psyllium husk powder
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp butter
- 4 oz. 110 g smoked deli ham
- 1½ oz. (6 tbsp) 45 g (95 ml) sliced cheddar cheese or other cheese of your liking
- ½ (2 oz.) ½ (55 g) finely chopped red onionfinely chopped red onions and fresh chives (optional)
- 2 2 eggeggs
- salt and pepper
- Whisk the eggs in a bowl. Mix in the cottage cheese. Add ground psyllium husk powder while stirring to incorporate it smoothly, without lumps. Let the mixture rest for five minutes until the batter has thickened.
- Place a frying pan over medium heat. Add the butter and fry the batter like small pancakes for a couple of minutes on each side until they are golden. Make two pancakes per serving.
- Assemble a sandwich with sliced ham and cheese between two warm pancakes. Add finely chopped onion on top.
- Fry an egg in the same pan as your linking.
- Serve the Croque Madame warm with the fried eggs on top.
Remove the crowning fried egg and you'll have a Keto Croque Monsieur instead. Still keto. Still delicious.