Keto Croque Madame
- 1 cup (7½ oz.) 240 ml (210 g) cottage cheese
- 4 4 eggeggs
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp ground psyllium husk powder
- 4 tbsp 4 tbsp butter or coconut oil
- 5 oz. 140 g smoked deli ham
- 5 oz. (1¼ cups) 140 g (290 ml) sliced cheddar cheese or other cheese of your liking
- ½ (2 oz.) ½ (55 g) finely chopped red onionfinely chopped red onions
- 2 2 eggeggs
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp butter
- 1½ oz. (1½ cups) 45 g (350 ml) baby spinach
- 4 tbsp 4 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tbsp ½ tbsp red wine vinegar
- salt and pepper
- Whisk the eggs in a bowl. Mix in the cottage cheese. Add ground psyllium husk powder while stirring to incorporate it smoothly, without lumps. Let the mixture rest for five minutes until the batter has thickened.
- Place a frying pan over medium heat. Add a generous amount of butter and fry the batter like small pancakes for a couple of minutes on each side, until they are golden. Make two pancakes per serving.
- Assemble a sandwich with sliced ham and cheese between two of the warm pancakes. Add finely chopped onion on top.
- Rinse and dry spinach. Mix oil, vinegar, salt and pepper into a simple vinaigrette.
- Add more butter to the frying pan and fry an egg to serve atop each sandwich.
- Serve each Croque Madame warm beside spinach dressed with the simple vinaigrette.
Remove the crowning fried egg and you'll have a Keto Croque Monsieur instead. Still keto. Still delicious.