Maria’s keto pancakes
- 2⁄3 oz. 19 g pork rinds
- 2 2 eggeggs
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp unsweetened cashew milk
- 1 tsp 1 tsp maple extract
- 1 tsp 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp coconut oil, for frying
- Place the pork rinds in a blender or food processor and pulse until ground into a fine powder. You can also crush the pork rinds with mortar and pestle, or in a plastic bag, just use a rolling pin to get it really fine.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and combine until smooth.
- Heat a skillet to medium heat. Once hot, add a tablespoon of coconut oil.
- Pour ¼ cup (1 dl) batter into the skillet. Fry until golden brown and set, about 2 minutes. Flip and continue to cook until cooked all the way through.
- Remove from skillet and repeat with remaining batter. Add more coconut oil as needed.
Recommended special equipment
- Blender or food processor
Add browned butter or a dollop of sour cream for a finishing touch. And a few fresh raspberries add festive color and a tart but sweet finish. Enjoy!