Low-carb monster pancakes
- 6 6 eggeggs
- 1 pinch 1 pinch salt
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- ¾ cup 175 ml
- ½ cup 125 ml (50 g)
- 1 tsp 1 tsp (5 g) baking powder
- butter or coconut oil, for frying
- ¾ cup 175 ml , whipped
- 7 oz. 200 g fresh strawberries, halved
- 7 oz. 200 g fresh blueberries, halved
- 1 oz. 30 g almonds
- 1 oz. 30 g cashew nuts
- Separate the yolks from the egg whites and whip the egg whites and pinch of salt with a hand mixer. Continue whipping until stiff peaks form and then set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together yolks, oil and coconut milk.
- Add coconut flour and baking powder to the yolk-mix. Mix into a smooth batter.
- Gently fold the egg whites into the batter. Let batter rest for 5 minutes.
- Fry in butter or coconut oil for a couple of minutes or so on each side on low to medium heat. Flip carefully!
- Allow the pancakes to cool before decorating them.
- Once the pancakes have cooled, use fresh berries, nuts, and whipped cream (or a non-dairy alternative) to get creative and make your monsters.
Don’t skimp on the fat in your frying pan. Butter and coconut oil make everything taste better.
One serving accounts for three pancakes per person.
This recipe was adapted from our low-carb coconut pancake recipe.