Low carb monster pancakes
Don't freak out — these low carb melt-in-your-mouth monster pancakes are amazingly satisfying and fantastically fun to decorate. Treat yourself to some fun this Halloween.
- 6 6 eggeggs
- 1 pinch 1 pinch salt
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- ¾ cup 180 ml coconut milk
- ½ cup (12⁄3 oz.) 120 ml (50 g) coconut flour
- 1 tsp 1 tsp baking powder
- butter or coconut oil, for frying
- ¾ cup 180 ml heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 7 oz. 200 g fresh strawberries, halved
- 7 oz. (11⁄3 cups) 200 g (325 ml) fresh blueberries, halved
- 1 oz. (3 tbsp) 28 g (45 ml) almonds
- 1 oz. (31⁄3 tbsp) 28 g (50 ml) cashew nuts
This recipe has been added to the shopping list.
Making low carb simple
- Separate the yolks from the egg whites and whip the egg whites and pinch of salt with a hand mixer. Continue whipping until stiff peaks form and then set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together yolks, oil and coconut milk.
- Add coconut flour and baking powder to the yolk-mix. Mix into a smooth batter.
- Gently fold the egg whites into the batter. Let batter rest for 5 minutes.
- Fry in butter or coconut oil for a couple of minutes or so on each side on low to medium heat. Flip carefully!
- Allow the pancakes to cool before decorating them.
- Once the pancakes have cooled, use fresh berries, nuts, and whipped cream (or a non-dairy alternative) to get creative and make your monsters.