- 1⁄3 lb 150 g bacon
- 1 tablespoon 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄3 lb 150 g cream cheese
- 1⁄3 lb 150 g cheddar cheese
- 2 oz. 55 g butter, at room temperature
- ½ teaspoon ½ teaspoon pepper (optional)
- ½ teaspoon ½ teaspoon chili flakes (optional)
Nutrition85% Fat14% Protein1% Carbs
- Fry the bacon crispy in butter. Remove from the pan and let cool completely.
- Crumble or chop the bacon into small pieces and place in a medium-sized bowl.
- In a bigger bowl, mix the grease left over from frying the bacon with all the remaining ingredients – by hand or with an electric handmixer.
- Place the big bowl in the fridge for 15 minutes to set.
- Make 24 walnut-sized balls, using two spoons. Roll them in the crumbled bacon and serve.
You can use any kind of grated flavorful cheese you prefer. If you don’t eat bacon, you can roll the cheese balls in chopped herbs, grated parmesan cheese or chopped nuts.