Tomato soup with basil aioli
- 1 lb (2½ cups) 450 g (600 ml) tomatotomatoes
- 1 lb 450 g cherry tomatoes
- 1 (4 oz.) 1 (120 g)
- 8 8 garlic clovegarlic cloves
- 1 (4 oz.) 1 (110 g)
- 4 tbsp 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp dried basil
- 3 oz. (¾ cup) 85 g (200 ml) celery stalk, thinly slicedcelery stalks, thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp 3 tbsp
- 1 1 vegetable bouillon cubevegetable bouillon cubes
- 4 cups 950 ml water
- salt and pepper
- 4 tbsp 4 tbsp fresh basil
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp olive oil
- ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 430°F (225°C).
- Cut the tomatoes in half and divide the pepper lengthwise. Peel the garlic cloves and crush with a knife blade. Peel and cut the onion into wedges.
- Place all the veggies in a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Salt and pepper generously. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with basil. Combine well.
- Roast in the oven for 20 minutes or until everything got a nice color. It can even be a little charred.
- Move the roasted vegetables in a large pot. Add thinly sliced celery and tomato paste. Add water and bouillon cube. Add some salt and bring to a boil. Let simmer for 5 minutes or until the celery gets soft.
- Blend until smooth with an immersion blender or in a kitchen blender. Taste and season with more salt and pepper if needed.
- Mix the ingredients for the aioli and serve with the soup. Garnish with fresh basil, ground black pepper, and drizzle with olive oil.
If you don't have fresh tomatoes or you're in a hurry, you can also use whole canned tomatoes with no added sugar. Then you don't need to roast them. Reduce the amount of water you add and add 1 tablespoon of smoked paprika powder to tune up the flavor.
Feel free to serve the soup with these delicious Keto parmesan croutons on the side.