Low-carb blueberry ice cream
- 1 cup 225 ml
- 3 3 egg yolkegg yolks
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp (13 g) erythritol (optional)
- ½ tsp ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp ½ tsp ground cardamom (green)
- ½ ½ lemon, the zestlemons, the zest
- 8 oz. 225 g mascarpone cheese
- 6 oz. 175 g frozen blueberries or frozen blackberries
- Take the blueberries from the freezer. Whip the cream until soft peaks form and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg yolks, optional sweetener, vanilla, cardamom and lemon zest until pale and fluffy. Mix in the mascarpone cheese and then fold in the whipped cream.
- Fold the half-thawed blueberries into the mixture. Pour the mixture into a container with a lid and place in the freezer.
- Stir the ice cream every fifteen minutes until it firms up. This takes about 1-1.5 hours.
Try raspberries instead of blueberries for even fewer carbs, about 3.5 g per portion. You can substitute cream cheese or ricotta for the mascarpone for a slightly different flavor profile.