Keto gnocchi with homemade pesto
- ½ lb 220 g cauliflower
- ¾ cup (2 oz.) 180 ml (60 g) shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup (4 oz.) 240 ml (110 g) almond flour
- 2 2 egg yolkegg yolks
- 1 tsp 1 tsp onion powder (optional)
- 1 tsp 1 tsp ground psyllium husk powder or xanthan gum
- ½ tsp ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup (4 oz.) 240 ml (120 g) shredded cheese
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp olive oil or butter
- ½ cup 120 ml olive oil, divided
- ¾ cup 180 ml parmesan cheese
- 2 oz. 55 g pine nuts
- 1 oz. (2⁄3 cup) 28 g (160 ml) fresh basil
- 1 1 garlic clovegarlic cloves
- salt and ground black pepper
- Wash and clean the cauliflower and divide it into small florets. Steam for a few minutes or microwave until soft. Blend in a food processor on high setting until smooth.
- Place cauliflower puree on a clean kitchen towel. Gather up the towel's ends and squeeze out as much liquid as possible. The drier the better, don't skip this step.
- Transfer the cauliflower back to the food processor. Add the rest of the ingredients, except the shredded cheese. Pulse until combined.
- Microwave the shredded cheese for a few minutes, until melted. You can also gently melt in a saucepan on medium-low heat while stirring continuously.
- Add the melted cheese to the food processor and pulse with the cauliflower mixture until you get a smooth dough.
- Shape one roll per person and allow to cool completely in the refrigerator or freezer, at least for 1 hour.
- Form 12 small balls out of each roll. Gently press with a fork to create small stripes, if you wish.
- Heat butter or olive oil in a frying pan. Fry the gnocchi over medium-high heat until thoroughly warmed.
- Mix all the ingredients for the pesto with only a few tablespoons of the oil. Use a food processor or a blender. Add the rest of the oil and mix a bit more.
Recommended special equipment
- Food processor
- Microwave oven
Instead of the pesto, you can serve the gnocchi with a sugar-free tomato sauce and finely chopped fresh parsley. You can also try mixing sour cream, tomato paste and Ranch seasoning for an extra touch of flavor!
You can reheat the gnocchi by frying in butter on medium heat or reheating in a warm sauce.
You can store in the refrigerator up to one week and you can also freeze it.