Goat cheese bites with marinated sesame seeds
- 3 oz. 75 g (125 ml) sesame seeds
- 5 tbsp 5 tbsp tamari soy sauce
- 7 oz. 200 g soft goat cheese
- Put the sesame seeds in a small bowl and pour over just enough soy sauce to cover them. Marinate for at least 15 minutes and up to 24 hours (see tip).
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Line a baking dish with parchment paper.
- Drain the marinated sesame seeds and then spread them on the prepared baking dish. Bake for 6 to 10 minutes (see tip).
- Make small balls of cheese and roll them in the sesame seeds. Serve them with toothpicks.
Toasted or natural sesame seeds
I love to use toasted sesame seeds in this recipe instead of natural sesame seeds, because they already have more of the toasted flavor.
Marinated sesame seeds
If you can marinate the seeds for the full 24 hours, they become more flavorful (but don’t leave them any longer than a day). I usually marinate sesame seeds the evening before I need them.
Toasting sesame seeds
Check the seeds frequently to make sure they’re not burning. Let them dry evenly and become crispy. They should not become dark brown; take them out when they are lightly browned. If necessary, reduce the oven temperature and let them roast a little bit more. Make extras as you can keep them for a few days on a piece of waxed paper in a cool place and use them in other dishes. If they lose their crunch, put them back in the oven for a few minutes.