Tandoori paneer tikka
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp ghee or butter
- 1 tsp 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp Greek yogurt (4% fat) or
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp salt
- 2 tsp 2 tsp tandoori seasoning
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 (4 oz.) 1 (110 g) red onionred onions
- ¼ lb 110 g
- 7 oz. 200 g paneer cheese
- 8 8 wooden skewerwooden skewers
- In a bowl, mix the ghee, ginger garlic paste and yogurt or cream. Add salt and the tandoori masala seasoning. Add the lime juice and stir well to combine the marinade.
- Cut the onion, green bell pepper and paneer cheese into individual cubes.
- Marinate the paneer and the veggies in the tandoori marinade. Allow to sit for a few hours at least. If you can leave it overnight, that’s even better.
- Soak the wooden skewers in a bowl of cold water to avoid them burning in the oven. Slide the paneer and veggies onto the skewers.
- Grill them in the oven on the highest temperature or in a frying pan in some ghee or oil until the veggies get charred and the paneer gets a nice golden color.
- Drizzle with some fresh lime juice if you like. Enjoy!
Sahil's cooking tips
If you don’t have tandoori masala seasoning or cannot find it online or at a local store, you can use a mix of the following spices: ½ tsp red chili powder, ½ tsp black pepper, ½ tsp coriander powder, ½ tsp cumin powder, ½ tsp garlic powder, ¼ tsp cardamom powder, ¼ tsp turmeric. There are actually a lot more things in tandoori masala but this basic mix will be sufficient if you are making it from scratch.
You can also prepare this on a grill or using a stove top grilling rack. If you pan fry the paneer, avoid skewering them as it cooks very unevenly. Cook the veggies and paneer separately so they all have enough space to get a nice golden brown color.
Don’t use wooden skewers on the stove top flame as they can burn even if they are soaked in water.