Keto smoked salmon sandwich
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp (15 g) baking powder
- 1 tsp 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp (15 g) ground psyllium husk powder
- ½ cup 125 ml (100 g) flaxseed
- 1¼ cups 300 ml (150 g) almond flour
- 1¼ cups 300 ml (150 g)
- 1⁄3 cup 75 ml chopped walnuts
- 1⁄3 cup 75 ml (40 g) pumpkin seeds + extra for topping
- 3 3 eggeggs
- ½ cup 125 ml unsweetened apple sauce
- ¼ cup 60 ml coconut oil
- 14 oz. 400 g pumpkin puree
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp coconut oil or butter for greasing the pan
- 4 4 eggeggs
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 2 oz. 50 g butter for frying
- salt and pepper
- 1 pinch 1 pinch chili flakes
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp butter
- 1 oz. 30 g leafy greens
- 3 oz. 75 g smoked salmon
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp fresh chives (optional)
Spicy pumpkin bread
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C) and grease a bread pan, 7-8 inches (about 10 x 18 cm), with butter or oil.
- Mix together all dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Stir together egg, apple sauce, pumpkin puree and oil in a separate bowl and mix into a smooth batter with the dry ingredients.
- Pour into the baking dish and sprinkle a tablespoon of pumpkin seeds on top.
- Bake on lower rack for an hour and test with a toothpick. If it comes out clean, it’s done.
Building the sandwich
- Whisk together eggs and cream in a bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan on medium high heat. Pour in the egg mixture and stir until blended and cooked through. Remove from heat.
- Add chili and mix. Use whatever you have at home already – tabasco, dried chili flakes or fresh finely chopped chili.
- Toast two slices of the spicy low-carb pumpkin bread, or another low-carb bread.
- Apply a thick layer of butter.
- Put a few lettuce leaves and the scrambled eggs on top, then add the salmon and some finely chopped chives.
Adjust the chili heat in the scrambled eggs according to your taste. If you’re using fresh chili peppers, you can sauté them in the butter for a few seconds before adding the eggs. Fire, meet delicious!
This loaf of bread yields about 22 slices. It tastes best freshly baked or toasted. Slice the part of the bread you won't have the same day and keep in the refrigerator for 2-3 days. It will keep in the freezer up to a month.