Keto pulled pork sandwich
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp cocoa nibs or cocoa powder
- ½ tbsp ½ tbsp ground black pepper
- ½ tbsp ½ tbsp paprika powder
- ½ tbsp ½ tbsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp ½ tsp anise seeds or fennel seeds
- ½ tsp ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1¼ lbs 550 g pork shoulder
- 1 tsp 1 tsp salt
- 4 4 eggeggs
- 1 pinch 1 pinch salt
- 5 oz. 140 g cream cheese
- 1 tsp 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tbsp ½ tbsp ground psyllium husk powder
- 1 lb 450 g turnip
- 1 (2¼ oz.) 1 (60 g) carrotcarrots or appleapples (optional)
- 1 cup 240 ml mayonnaise
- 1⁄3 cup (2⁄3 oz.) 80 ml (20 g) finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp cider vinegar
- salt and pepper
- Grind the spices and cacao nibs in a food processor or a coffee grinder. Mix ground spices with the olive oil and spread all over the surface of the pork.
- Salt the seasoned meat and put it in a slow cooker. Cook for five hours on low heat or four on medium heat.
- Remove the pork from the slow cooker and pull the meat apart using two forks. Serve with sliced red onion, sliced pickles, lettuce, oopsie bread, a dollop of mayonnaise, and a grated slaw at the side.
- Preheat oven to 300° F (150° C).
- Separate the eggs; put the egg whites in one bowl and the yolks in another. Whip egg whites together with salt until very stiff. You should be able to turn the bowl over without the egg whites moving.
- Mix the egg yolks and the cream cheese well. To make the oopsie more bread-like, add in the optional psyllium seed husk and baking powder.
- Gently fold the egg whites into the egg yolk mixture— try to keep the air in the egg whites.
- Put eight dollops on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake in the oven for about 20-25 minutes until they turn golden.
- Allow the Oopsies to cool on a rack. They can be stored in the fridge for 2-3 days or in the freezer. Thaw at room temperature or in a toaster.
- Rinse and peel the vegetables. You don’t need to peel the apple, just core it. Grate everything into rough pieces by hand or in a machine. Put in a bowl. Add all other ingredients and mix. Season to taste.
If you want to eat fewer carbs, this meal can be complete even without the slaw. Just add some extra lettuce to your sandwich or on your plate.