Pork tenderloin with olive tapenade
- 2 lbs 900 g pork tenderloin
- sea salt and ground black pepper
- 12 12 garlic-stuffed large queen olives
- 2 oz. (7 tbsp) 55 g (100 ml) Kalamata olives, pitted
- ½ oz. (4 tbsp) 14 g (60 ml) sun-dried tomatosun-dried tomatoes
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp capers
- 4 4 fresh basil leaves, extra for garnish
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 3 oz. (1½ cups) 85 g (350 ml) leafy greens
- Season the pork tenderloins generously with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Combine the olives, sun-dried tomatoes, capers, basil, vinegar and olive oil in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped.
- Heat the avocado oil in a large oven-proof skillet over medium-high heat. Once the pan is hot, add the pork tenderloins to the skillet and cook until browned on both sides, about 4 minutes each side.
- Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake for 15 minutes, or until they are cooked all the way through.
- Once the pork is finished roasting, let it rest for 10 minutes before cutting into it. This will help it retains its juices.
- Slice into medallions and top with olive tapenade and remaining basil before serving. Serve with leafy greens.
If you have leftovers, this is amazing served as breakfast with a gooey, yolky egg on top.
Recommended special equipment