- ½ cup 120 ml mayonnaise or vegan mayonnaise
- 2 2 garlic clove, mincedgarlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp 2 tsp lemon juice
- salt or ground black pepper, to taste
- Add the mayonnaise, garlic, and lemon juice to a bowl and stir until combined. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve right away, or set aside while preparing the rest of your meal to let the flavors develop further. If you're preparing this ahead of time, place it in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Spice it up
Use this aioli as a base to experiment with different flavors to complement the meal you're preparing.
Lemon zest and dill make a delightful variation for shrimp or fish.
Chili and lime, or pesto and sundried tomatoes, make delicious combinations for grilled chicken or steak.
Make your own mayonnaise
Making your own mayonnaise from scratch is easier than you think. Check out this recipe if you want to give it a go.