Peanut butter cup cheesecake
- 1¼ lbs 550 g cream cheese
- 1 cup 240 ml or
- 3 3 eggeggs
- ½ cup (32⁄3 oz.) 120 ml (110 g) erythritol or xylitol
- ½ tsp ½ tsp vanilla extract or vanilla beanvanilla beans
- ½ cup 120 ml peanut butter
- 2 oz. (7 tbsp) 60 g (110 ml) sugar-free dark chocolate
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 300°F (150°C) using the convection setting.
- Melt the butter and mix with all the other ingredients for the crust in a medium-sized bowl.
- Spread the mixture in the bottom of a 9" (23 cm) springform pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes, remove and let cool at room temperature.
Peanut butter filling
- Increase oven temperature to 400°F (200°C) using the convection setting.
- Mix cream cheese softened at room temperature, crème fraîche and eggs until smooth. Add sweetener, vanilla extract, peanut butter and mix until incorporated.
- Pour the filling over the bottom and tap the form gently against the counter to get rid of any air bubbles.
- Bake the cheesecake for 10 minutes. Lower the temperature to 200°F (100°C) and keep baking for 25 minutes more. The cake should be wobbly but not liquid when shaking it gently.
- Turn off the oven but leave the cake in there with the door open for 2 hours.
- Melt the dark chocolate and coconut oil in the microwave in 20 second intervalls. Stir to combine. You can also use a double-boiler for this step.
- Pour the mixture over the cheesecake and place in the fridge for at least two hours to allow the cheesecake and chocolate to set completely.
- If you feel like garnishing the cake like we did you can use fresh flowers and edible gold dust. Make sure to use flowers that are safe to use in contact with food.
Decorate with fresh edible flowers and gold dust.
I don't have a convection oven, what should I do?
While every oven is going to be a little different, a basic tip to turn a convection-oven recipe to a conventional-oven recipe is to increase the cooking temperature by 25°F (about 15°C) and vice versa. But to be on the safe side, watch the cooking time, since convection ovens can speed up the overall cooking time. So in a conventional oven it might take a little longer to get ready even though you increased the temperature.
Can I prepare it the day before?
Absolutely! As a matter of fact it's even better to let the cheesecake rest in the fridge over night to make sure it's completely set.
How long does it keep fresh?
It keeps fresh for at least 5 days in the fridge in a airtight container or covered in plastic wrap or aluminium foil. Freezes well up to 4 months. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight or for up to 2 hours at room temperature before you are going to eat it.