Low-carb tortilla pizza
- 2 2 eggeggs
- 2 2 egg whiteegg whites
- 6 oz. 175 g cream cheese
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp 1 tsp (2.5 g) ground psyllium husk powder
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp (8 g) coconut flour
- ½ cup 120 ml tomato sauce
- 2 cups 475 ml (225 g) shredded cheese
- 2 tsp 2 tsp dried basil or dried oregano
- salt and pepper (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Whisk the eggs and egg whites fluffy and continue to whisk with a hand mixer, preferably for a few minutes. Add cream cheese and continue to whisk until the batter is smooth.
- Mix salt, psyllium husk and coconut flour in a small bowl. Add the flour mix one spoon at a time into the batter and continue to whisk some more. Let the batter sit for a few minutes, or until the batter is thick like an American pancake batter. How fast the batter will swell depends on the brand of psyllium husk – some trial and error might be needed.
- Bring out two baking sheets and place parchment paper on each. Using a spatula, spread the batter thinly (no more than ¼ inch thick) into 4–6 circles or 2 rectangles.
- Bake on upper rack for about 5 minutes or more, until the tortilla turns a little brown around the edges. Carefully check the bottom side so that it doesn't burn.
- Turn your oven up to 450°F (225°C).
- Spread 1-2 tablespoons of tomato paste, sauce or ajvar (roasted red pepper sauce) on each low-carb tortilla bread. Salt and pepper if needed.
- Bake the mini pizzas in the oven until the cheese has melted.