Sugar-free whipped espresso foam
- 1½ tbsp 1½ tbsp espresso instant coffee powder
- 1½ tbsp 1½ tbsp erythritol
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp hot tap water
- for serving ice cubefor serving ice cubes
- For the whipped topping, use either a whisk, handheld frother, or immersion blender with a whisk attachment (the whipping time will be slightly longer using the first two methods).
- Stir together the espresso powder, erythritol, and hot water in a pint-sized glass jar, or a narrow glass.
- Insert the immersion blender into the glass, and over high speed, whisk for about 3-4 minutes. As the dark, coffee mixture is whipped, it will double in volume and become a light brown, whipped cream.
- Serve immediately over your favorite low-carb or keto treat.
For a wonderful mocha flavor, add 1/2 teaspoon of unsweetened cocoa powder to the instant espresso mix in the first step. Adjust sweetener as needed.
You can double the ingredients and make extra whip to use over desserts or in coffee any time you like. The espresso should stay whipped for 24-36 hours.