Sugar-free whipped espresso foam
Are you a fan of our whipped dairy-free keto coffee? Well, that fluffy espresso foam isn't just for coffee! Enjoy it as a delicious topping for low carb cakes, brownies, ice cream, or muffins.
- 1½ tbsp 1½ tbsp espresso instant coffee powder
- 1½ tbsp 1½ tbsp erythritol
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp hot tap water
- for serving ice cubefor serving ice cubes
This recipe has been added to the shopping list.
Making low carb simple
- For the whipped topping, use either a whisk, handheld frother, or immersion blender with a whisk attachment (the whipping time will be slightly longer using the first two methods).
- Stir together the espresso powder, erythritol, and hot water in a pint-sized glass jar, or a narrow glass.
- Insert the immersion blender into the glass, and over high speed, whisk for about 3-4 minutes. As the dark, coffee mixture is whipped, it will double in volume and become a light brown, whipped cream.
- Serve immediately over your favorite low-carb or keto treat.
It's an easy and quick way to create this foam for espresso lovers!
Seems it was quite a lockdown-rage all over the world.
Give it a go on a sunny day, we liked it ice cold.
I don’t quite like the taste from sweeteners that much though, so we only had it once. But if I were ok with erythritol, I’d indulge in this more often.
You can always try reducing the amount of sweetener so that it is more to your taste.
Yes, the espresso and sweetener will whip to cream with the hot water.